Students who are interested in enrolling in MCPSS Academy of Virtual Learning must be self-motivated, independent learners. Requirements for enrollment include, but are not limited to:
- Being a rising 8th-12th grader.
- Being on grade level/cohort year.
- Being enrolled in a public, private, or home school.
- Being a resident within one of the MCPSS school zones.
- Being at or above grade level in reading and math.
- Have acceptable attendance.
- Having minimal discipline issues (no C-E offenses).
- Having a minimum 2.0 GPA for 10th-12th graders.
- Having passed all academic courses for the upcoming 8th and 9th graders with an overall "C" average in all courses.
- Having a laptop or desktop computer and access to consistent internet.
- Having reliable transportation to attend lab days.
- Completing Orientation Class for parents and students (1-2 hours) prior to being accepted into MAVL.
*A review committee will evaluate all received applications with the final decision resting among the administration.